Mental Health Information and Advocacy
"Great Spirit, help me never to judge another until I have walked in his moccasins" Sioux Indian Prayer
- Active Minds — changing the conversation about mental health
- Depression Symptoms and Treatment Information
- American Association of People With Disabilities
- Center for Mental Health Services
- National Mental Health Association
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill
- SPAN USA (Suicide Prevention Advocacy Network)
- Center For Suicide Prevention
- National Institute for Mental Health
- Open Minds, Open Doors — People who have mental illness make valuable contributions to society.
- Advocacy Unlimited — Education in recovery and advocacy skills for people with psychiatric disabilities or co-occurring disorders.
- MPower — Nothing about us without us. Offering training events and resources for peers and providers.
- Bazelon Law Center — For mental health law.
- Unveiling The Stigma — Depression and Mental Illness
- Helping Families Regain Control Tardive Dyskinesia Center
- Altered States of the Arts — A National Network of Mentally Challenged Artists
- Quote — "When we speak we are afraid our words will not be heard or welcomed. But when we are silent, we are still afraid. So it is better to speak." - Audre Lorde
- Michael Skinner Music — Michael Skinner's music and advocacy helps give hope and inspiration to those affected by depression, PTSD, childhood sexual, physical, and emotional abuse, mental illness and the horrors of incest
- The Reality of Recovery - film documentary — Raising awareness of the process of recovery from mental illness, the importance of using "people first" language and to decrease the stigma and discrimination surrounding psychiatric disorders.
- Marcy Rubin - iPEC Certified Coach - 450 Resources for Bipolar Disorder & Other Mental Health Illnesses — Marcy has compiled an incredible listing of resources
- The National Mental Health Consumers Self-Help Clearinghouse — All the latest information and resources on mental health and consumer/survivor issues.
- Beyond Shame and Stigma: The Disclosure of Mental Illness - Alex Speredelozzi — A long read, but some helpful insights and sharing
- Gift From Within — Resources for Survivors and Caregivers of Trauma and Victimization
- Healing self hate & feelings of shame and unworthiness — Cyquest contains many resources for healing mind, body and spirit.