Peer Support and Help for Mental Health
With the realization of one's own potential and self confidence in one's ability,
one can build a better world.” Dalai Lama
- Gayle Bluebird Consultants
- Fountain House
- National Empowerment Center — To carry a message of recovery, empowerment, hope and healing to people who have been labeled with mental illness.
- The National Mental Health Consumers Self-Help Clearinghouse — All the latest information and resources on mental health and consumer/survivor issues.
- Zoya Vsemirnova's Fighting Depression website/blog — Depression Hurts But You Have Power to Beat It!
- Emerging From Broken — From surviving to thriving on the journey to wholeness. Powerful testimony and sharing about the struggles of dissociative identity disorder, chronic depression and the effects of childhood sexual abuse.
- Altered States of the Arts — A National Network of Mentally Challenged Artists
- Quote — "When we speak we are afraid our words will not be heard or welcomed. But when we are silent, we are still afraid. So it is better to speak." - Audre Lorde
- Michael Skinner Music — Michael Skinner's music and advocacy helps give hope and inspiration to those affected by depression, PTSD, childhood sexual, physical, and emotional abuse, mental illness and the horrors of incest
- The Reality of Recovery - film documentary — Raising awareness of the process of recovery from mental illness, the importance of using "people first" language and to decrease the stigma and discrimination surrounding psychiatric disorders.
- Buffalopine's Blog — Journeying through the healing of MPD & PTSD
- Bipolar Life, Liberty & the Pursuit of Happiness - Marcy Rubin — "Life isn't about finding yourself - It's about creating yourself" - Coping Skills for those diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and the loving people who care for them
- Marcy Rubin - iPEC Certified Coach - 450 Resources for Bipolar Disorder & Other Mental Health Illnesses — Marcy has compiled an incredible listing of resources
- Beyond Shame and Stigma: The Disclosure of Mental Illness - Alex Speredelozzi — A long read, but some helpful insights and sharing
- Trauma Survivors Share Tips for Therapists Dealing with Trauma — Gift From Within - PTSD Resources for Survivors and Caregivers